Wednesday 2 November 2011

Prada Candy


Last week I was a lucky (lucky, lucky) girl indeed- I was invited to the launch of Prada's new fragrance Candy. The event itself was beautiful, but more on that at a later date. For now let me just tell you about this delicious perfume which is a departure from the brand's usual scents. Candy is made up of only three notes- Caramel, Laotian Benzoin and Musk, its strikingly simple and well balanced, but not overpowering.



The fragrance is seductive and playful as is the packaging and advertising campaign. While I'm not a fan of the illustration on the box or the texture of plastic band around the top of bottle, I enjoy the hot pink, black and gold, the print advertisement with Lea Seydoux's vermilion pout clashing against aforementioned pink and the tv ad which is soon to be aired in South Africa. Here's the video.



There have been a lot of critics who don't understand the frangrance's positioning within Prada, who find it too sweet or who think the target market is just too young for a brand which started in 1913. Having worn it for a day or two I can safely say I'm a Prada Candy girl- I'll leave the question of whether my age has anything to do with that up to you, my reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment