Sunday 25 September 2011

"Pata Pata is the Name of a Dance We Do Down Johannesburg Way"

Saturday was Heritage Day and Johannesburg was busing this weekend! Really mental, too much to do, too many places to go and people to see. I thought I'd do a little Miriam Makebe tribute while I was listening to the Milk and Sugar remix featuring her vocals.Fashion wise she was lovely, vocally a gem to the likes of which we may not encounter again and politically a force to be reckoned with. 



It may be a cliche but the Jürgen Schadeberg image which graced Drum Magazine in the 1950's is my absolute favourite.I did a college project based on the photograph and although my tastes have changed since, my love for this piece hasn't.


Rocking leopard print!





And some of Miriam's looks as she ages gracefully, always groomed, well dressed and passionate.

Thanks for reading. Love to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment